Saturday, February 18, 2012

Acoustic

I've been in a quiet mood musically.  Instead of the exceptional loud rock and roll that usually fills my earballs, I've been hitting the softer stuff.  Like this (normally shunned by me) song by the Foo Fighters:


This happens with me a lot; I get a little obsessed with a song I am typically unimpressed with.

For instance: Three Marlenas by the Wallflowers.  I never cared for that song, it kind of bored me.  And, listen, I lived in the 90s so that's not normal, I realize.  But after I saw the Wallflowers in concert, I couldn't stop listening to that song for about a week straight.  Probably longer.  One of the best shows I've ever been to.

Something similar happened with the song Any Time At All by the Beatles from A Hard Day's Night.  I bought the cd and skipped that song religiously until probably my hundredth listen.  Left it on by accident and started to love it.  Still do, in fact.

So, yeah, some of my favorite songs have been underwhelming, at first.  Sleeper hits, if you will.

But I'm hoping this February funk passes soon.  Not sure how much more acoustic shit I can stand wanting to listen to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment